Thursday, August 20, 2009

Horses I have known and loved

I am very fortunate. I have heard lots of people say
"Consider yourself lucky if you own one truly great horse in your life". I have owned several, and have worked with
many! I was reminded of this when I found these old photos I have of Aize, a wonderful Friesian gelding, owned by a student of mine.

I knew I had some pictures of her riding him, but I forgot about the ones of me riding him in a clinic with Joaquin Orth! (at right~~~>)

Aize was such a pleasure. He was boarded and in training with me, both at Windsor when I was the Director of Equestrian, and at my home before that. He had a LOT of hair (about an hour's worth of grooming every day)! But he was fabulous to work around and to ride.

My student, a junior rider, has since gone to college, and made the difficult and very mature decision to sell
him (to another dedicated young rider, who still owns him).

They were both such a pleasure, and I am so happy to
be part of their lives. I will post some more stories of the horses I have known (that I have pictures of) in later posts. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment